1. A Safer Houston – Protecting our families and businesses.
- More police officers and store fronts.
- Ensure our police, fire and EMT personnel are sufficiently manned, equipped and trained to protect our city.
- Support the acquisition of new technologies to apprehend criminals.
- Use new proven strategies such as rapid response teams to prevent crime rather than reacting to crime – start in high crime areas.
2. Improve City Services – First class services Houstonians deserve.
- Upgrade our aging drinkable water systems– no more boiling water alerts.
- Ensure weekly trash, monthly heavy trash and biweekly recyclables are picked up as scheduled – no more excuses.
- Provide stellar city parks and libraries for our families.
3. Repair Our Infrastructure and Better Prepare For Hazardous Weather Events – Be ready for the next hurricane or subfreezing situations.
- Work with the State and Harris County to approve a tunnel system from our reservoirs to the ship channel.
- Train our First and Second Responders with outside agencies like CenterPoint Energy to better rescue and protect our citizens during hazardous weather events.
- Ensure our drainage system is maintained and cleaned on a regular basis.
- Improve our roads and bridges using new technologies and composite materials.
4. Build A Global Economic Power – We have the key components to lead the world in commerce and trade.
- Govern Houstonian’s Money Wisely – Limit unnecessary regulations, eliminate wasteful spending, and provide tax relief.
- Encourage new industries to relocate to our city and make it easier to expand existing businesses – More jobs for Houstonians.
- Continue our property tax cap and ensure we either reduce or freeze property taxes.